28 October 2006

Fetching, Take Two



I used recycled yarn for these. While they look really nice, cotton is not that great for small accessories like fingerless gloves. Wool is nice because it keeps you warm even when it is wet. Cotton? Absorbs moisture and doesn't keep you very warm at all. So I may use them, but they'll probably just end up in my FO bag that my cat likes to chew on.

My next goal is to finish my aunt's seed stitch scarf, then put together my mom's Flora scarf. Hopefully I can finish at least one watch cap and Yorick scarf before Thanksgiving. We'll see ... Tis the season for lots of projects to make for many people.

2 comments:

auralee! said...

another problem with cotton is that it's sort of stretchy. and doesn't always go back to it's original shape. i love the color of the yarn, what kind is it?

those gloves look amazing, though. i've thoght about making either those or knitty's knucks and embroidering "type this" across the knuckles because my desk is insanely cold and they'd keep my hands from freezing.

Zarzuela said...

Great looking Fetchings! And Welcome to the Musicians ring. :)

Jessica
http://zarzuelaknitsandcrochets.com/blog