18 July 2007

Ich habe zwei Garngeschäften gegangen.


"The Ingenious Sock Book." Yes, it's entirely auf Deutsch. That's just more motivation for me to keep studying! I can't wait until I can start making socks. The patterns are pretty nice, and it comes with a fab pattern/size converter.

I have been knitting while in Salzburg, but I don't have much to show. I'm making a shrug from a pattern on Caron Simply Soft Shadows (I'm on a green kick so I'm using Color 0006--Dark Moss). It's a very straightforward pattern and I'm about halfway finished. You basically knit cuff-to-cuff, show up the seams, then pick up stitches and make a ribbed edging.

In regards to the title, I have indeed been to two yarn shops in Salzburg. One is called "Die Wolle" (The Wool) and is in the Malle - Hemetsberger off of Universitätplatz. The owner speaks English and is incredibly nice. I may go back for some sock yarn and needles ... maybe. It's a bit expensive (as far as € to $, not overpriced). The second is one in the Europark ... you just take Bus 1 or Bus 20 all the way to the end and it's on the second floor. It's called Filati, and I think it only carries Filati/Lana Grossa yarn from Italy. Seeing as Italy is only five hours away it isn't as much of a stretch as you'd think. The yarn was beautiful, although a bit pricey. A nice silk/cotton blend would be sehr gut for a pair of socks ... O:)

I hope all is well in den USA. I can't say I miss it ... Europe ist fantastisch! Tschüss!

No comments: