02 September 2006

Events on the Horizon

By luck I discovered some fantastic fabric!



It's called "Calaveras" (Skulls), and apparently you can get it at some Joann Fabrics stores. I'll be heading to the one here in BG tomorrow to try and find it. I really want to make my own seat cushion for my wooden rocking chair in my living room, and this fabric would be amazing for it. Either that or I'll use some to make a hand-bag. I'm hoping to get a sewing machine for Xmas.

As far as knitting goes, I am in the process of making Flora for my mom. Shhhh, it's a secret! I'm making it out of super soft Caron Simply Soft in Raspberry. After screwing around to get the gauge right, I found that I had to go up to US10's and hold two strands together. I want to make sure this is absolutely perfect. If I can manage to get my homework done tomorrow then I'll be able to get this done on Monday, which just so happens to be Labor Day. It will be a labor of love. Corney, yeah. Whatever. Flora is a quick knit, so I should have some pictures up by the end of the week.

Ciao.

No comments: